Get Involved with the NBMBAA Indianapolis Chapter
Are you looking for a way to serve? Want to get involved with the Indianapolis Chapter? Several committees are in need of Directors. Each committee is recruiting for new members. Committee members and Directors must be active members of the Indianapolis Chapter. If you are interested in serving on any of these committees, please send your resume, and letter of interest to: INDYPRES@YAHOO.COM
We are seeking energetic and outgoing members to join the membership committee. The Membership Committee has three main objectives: (1) recruit & retain new, renewing and transfer members to the Chapter; (2) encourage members to become actively engaged with the Chapter and (3) track and maintain memberships and member demographics. This committee reports to the VP of Administration.
Key activities and responsibilities include:
- Host the membership table at Chapter events
- Communicate with existing members regarding their membership status
- Conduct new member orientations
- Organize and host membership related events including membership drives
- Contact members via telephone when necessary
- Survey members to capture data & disseminate to appropriate departments
The Technology Committee serves as the epicenter for the NBMBAA Indianapolis Chapter technology needs. The committee provides a vehicle for communication and outreach to/for our members, corporate partners and local communities. This committee reports to the VP of Administration.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the Indianapolis Chapter website
- Internal System Administration
- Provide event support (Audio visual, material and technology provision, etc.)
This committee manages the Chapter’s branding, social media strategy and helps to promote activities, programs, and events with the public, including current members, non-members, and corporate partners. Is graphic design your forte? Do you have relationships with local media outlets? This committee is looking for detail-oriented individuals who can assist with our social media strategy & content, public relations, graphic design, and more. Are you a social media titan? Do any of these titles describe you – advertising specialist, passionate marketer, creative designer, digital strategist, public relations, and or brand ambassador? We invite you to join the Marketing Committee. This committee reports to the VP of Administration.
- Assist with taking photos at events
- Manage social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & Instagram) and create content for platforms
- Work with other committees to promote programs / events
- Create graphic documents for programs / events
- Distribute communication and facilitate media coverage with news outlets
This committee plans and executes opportunities for members to network and socialize within the Chapter and the Indianapolis community. Ideal committee members are social butterflies who enjoy connecting with people, enjoy event planning and collaborating with others. This committee reports to the VP of Administration.
Key activities and responsibilities include:
- Manage Event planning and related tasks
- Work with local businesses to host events
- Develop and maintain relationships with other local organizations
Corporate Development Committee
Subject: Corporate Development
The committee is responsible for identifying, developing, and cultivating relationships with corporations in Indianapolis. The committee works to convert those relationships into partnerships that will support the Chapter through funding or in-kind contributions. Desired outcomes include increasing the corporate partners return on investment through community involvement, employee development and access to a diverse talent base. Corporate partners host and underwrite events as well as provide scholarships to minority students. An ideal committee member has fund development or fundraising experience. This committee reports to the President.
Professional Development Committee
Subject: Professional Development
Are you passionate about helping others achieve career success? If yes, the Professional Development Committee is the place for you. The Professional Development Committee provides purposeful and exciting professional leadership and development programming for our members. We are seeking committee members to help design and execute the programming. Topics are based on membership feedback as well as current industry trends and topics. The committee reports to the VP of Operations.
Community Relations Committee
Subject: Community Relations
The committee creates and maintains relationships and alliances with other professional associations, non-profit organizations and businesses to provide members with opportunities to be impactful and intentional while being of service to the Indianapolis community. Are you passionate about helping people & your community? Do you want to make a difference in your community? If you answered yes to these questions, this is the committee for you. This committee reports to the VP of Operations.
The Entrepreneurship Committee’s core mission is enabling current and aspiring entrepreneurs. This mission will come to life through programs aimed at uncovering powerful resources and developing the skills necessary to make business ownership a reality. This committee will plan programming to serve entrepreneurs at all stages in the process. This committee reports to the VP of Operations.
Leaders of Tomorrow (LOT) Committee
Subject: Leaders of Tomorrow
The LOT® Program is a comprehensive programmatic approach for providing leadership development to high school students. The program is driven by mentoring across four developmental areas: Leadership, Financial Literacy, College Preparation and Career Preparation. The Indianapolis Chapter is also seeking mentors and professionals to help facilitate business case competition preparation. The position reports to the VP of Education.
Are you interested in using your passion & energy to assist students with pursuing higher education? This is the committee for you. The purpose of the scholarship committee is to establish scholarship selection criteria, solicit applications and award scholarships based on funding amounts approved by the executive board. The committee also assists in raising funds for Chapter scholarships through various efforts. This committee will also plan the scholarship award ceremony. This committee reports to the VP of Education.
Key activities include:
- Coordinate the application, delivery and selection process
- Evaluate and review submitted applications
- Select scholarship recipients
- Distribute the award letter (s) to the recipients’ campuses
- Follow up with scholarship recipient(s) to make sure the scholarship was received
Collegiate Relations Committee
Subject: Collegiate Relations
The Indianapolis Chapter is seeking committee members who are enthusiastic about undergraduate & graduate students and their professional future. The committee’s charge is to build new and enhance existing relationships with students and campus administration and serve as a conduit between graduates and local businesses to expand diversity throughout the workforce. This committee reports to the VP of Education.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Director of Membership to coordinate and execute student member recruitment events
- Track and report all engagement activities to the VP of Education
- Assist with scholarship programming
- Attend campus events on behalf of the Chapter to increase brand awareness of the Indianapolis Chapter including but not limited to social events, sporting events, career fairs, lectures, seminars and social media
- Create strategic plans to increase Chapter brand recognition with local universities & colleges
- Work with institutions, sponsors and partners to develop and execute seminars, workshops and other events
- Connect with campus influencers, school of business students and student clubs and groups